MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

WHEN THE BAY MEETS THE OCEAN




I live on a sandbar
And expect someday,
The ocean will wash
Me out to sea.
Till then I write.

I write poetry, but wish
I could write a good joke.
Did you hear the one
About a priest and a rabbi
Meet in a bar…that’s as far as I get.

When I was a kid,
My parents never told me
Not to write poetry,
So I’ve been at it
For 50 years.

Now that I’m older,
I can’t decide
If I’m turning into
My mother or my father.
One was water, the other land.

It doesn’t matter.
I keep writing, waiting for the big one
When the bay meets the ocean
And sweeps me and my poetry
Out to sea.



No comments:

Post a Comment