MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

SCREWED


                                                My wife found another man.
The night she told me,

Having waited
For just the right moment,

But it wasn’t the right moment
For me.  I felt bashed

And assaulted.  Mugged.
Dying would have been easier.

It was as though I’d been pressed in a winch
By a wench, until no air was left within.

Months passed.  I survived.
Understanding would take longer.

Two years later she wanted to return,
I no longer wanted her.

I was coming off a fill-in relationship
So filled with sex, I lost my virginity again.

My lover was a young mother
Rocked by her own divorce,

Remarkably kind and giving.
She gave me such tender attention

The gaping hole in me
Stopped throbbing.

I doubt we had a clue as to
What we were really doing.

We were both too bruised and needy
To create a sound place to stand.

We mistook physical comfort
For solid ground, but at least

This was our moment, our 15 rounders
Were over, we could leave the rings behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment