MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR


It hit me after I heard Then,
Their throbbing song on TV,
Moved,
I knew what I had to do
I slipped on a black, silk tee shirt
And tight black jeans
Practiced strutting around my room
Like a cocky roster
While singing my best Gloria
"Like to tell you 'bout my baby."
Decided I wasn’t a singer
Went down town to buy an instrument
Found the music store closed
For Yom Kippur
Remembered I should be fasting
Asking for forgiveness
My stomach in a knot
Had an awakening
Mine was a stageless future
Realized and resigned.
I had some of what it’d take,
But not enough…
Clothes, but no guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment