MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

THE FISHING LESSON


Watercolor by Pat Morgan

The first time my Dad took me fishing
We brought a bag of worms.
He selected a big, fat one for his hook,
A small one for mine.  I didn’t mind. 
He saw I was reluctant to pierce
My worm with the hook.  Without a word
He took them from me.  I didn’t mind.
I was anxious and pulled the line before he was done.  
The hook caught his finger,
Blood beaded up.  He didn’t yell at me.
After an hour he suggested we leave.  I didn’t mind.
He hadn’t caught any fish.
I only caught his finger.
He didn’t mind.


Read more poetry at

No comments:

Post a Comment