MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Monday, October 10, 2011

SUN AND MOON


The sun, a star, a ball of hot gas,
Just rose past the horizon.
First morning light has found
A crack in the window blinds.
From my hospital bed,
White sheets so stiff and pure
They almost smother,
I see signs of day invade.

By 10, in surgery,
I’m out of my mind.
My belly distended by gas
They enter, cut and suture
Fixing all that is wrong inside me.
Back in my room, they’ve made a mistake
Leaving the blinds wide open I see a yellow moon
As round as the sun.  Thank God, it’s evening.
They are done. I am still alive.

From my hospital bed,
White sheets so stiff and pure
They almost smother,
I know what I must do
When I leave this place.
I must fix those parts of me
They did not know nor could have fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment