MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

THE BOOT


Watercolor by Pat Morgan

Alabama cowgirl,                                  
Out of all my things
You took my boot
To keep near.
Mostly on the move
Like fairy dust in the wind,
Occasionally you’d land
Setting my boot right next to you,
Companion – Sentry – Reminder.    
Your beautiful mother
Gave you your blond hair
And round face.
What did I give you?
Not my boot,
You took that yourself.
Keep it near you
Like a loyal friend,
Not for your small foot,
But for your big heart.


SEA GLASS PEOPLE - Portraits in Words and Watercolors   (available on Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment