MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

THE EIGHTH DAY

On the eighth day,
Having rested,
Returning to view
All he created,
The spirit hovered
Over the water
Looking for
What still needed
To be done.
The seas said,
“I am deep,
 I am wide
Mighty and strong
Like the spring tide,”
So he continued on
To the dry land.
“Are you in need?”
He asked.  “No,
I am quite fine,
contoured hills,
A perfect design,”
So he moved on
Until he came
upon a garden,
Lush and green,
Home of man.

 The spirit inquired,
“Adam, are you in need?”
Shivering in the morning chill,
Adam said, “I have no fangs
For defense, nor
Legs fast enough
To run away.
I do not know
If I will last another day.
Am I your mistake?”
The spirit,
Took pity and said,
“You must survive
On your own,
But you are never alone.
An angel will always be
By your side,
To gird you up
Or lengthen your stride.
Rally or run,
It will be your choice,
But if you listen
To that inner voice,
That will be me.”
The evening of the eighth day
The spirit decided he
Had accomplished
All he had set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment