MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BOOKS


I study the covers
Of the books on the shelf,
Thin, thick, red, yellow
They call out:
Read me,     
Love me,
Learn from me.
Their pleas ring
Like a school bell
In my head.

Choosing one
Feels like a marriage.
What if a book
With a clever title
And colorful cover
Has less meaning
Than one with no name,
But life changing content.
I search for such
A selfless book.

Unable to restrain myself,             
My collection multiplies
Undisciplined.
I read, resolve, return
Them to the shelf.
When I’m done with one,
I go to bed with another.
My eyelids grow heavy
As I get involved
Book,
By beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment