MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A SAFE CHILDHOOD









 
I was never very young,  
But that doesn’t mean
I was never naïve.
I was foolish enough to think
My thinking was sound
Though in reality
It was simply prideful pomp.
My high school photo
Showed my banker’s stare,
It saved me much trouble,
No miniskirted girls
Looking for a good time
Ever passed me notes.
My youth
Was my chance
To make mini mistakes
With only small penalties to pay.
If I had been bolder,
My adventures would have been grander.
The costs would have been steeper.
I seek no second youth,
No chance to do it again,
To decide between mini and grand.
For me, living without lament
Is a satisfying grace.

Watercolor by Pat Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment