MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

SISTER – I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY




Sister with the bruised cheek, you
Did not stumble, but came too close.
If you dare get close again,
Again the blows will fall.

When I walk the beach
The dark stain of earlier waves
Guides me how near I dare go
Without getting wet.

Sometimes a rogue wave
Slaps the shore.  Exceeds
What came before.  Either I leap,
Or my feet get a soaking.

After days of calm, his rage
Will return aimed at you
And lest you dart, you may not
Survive the beating.

You are a loyal wife,
Humble but blind, you're
Ever more precious than
Your relationship with him.

The waves may have no say
Striking the sand. 
Sister, you are not held to him
By gravity.  Time to leap.


I AM SEA GLASS
A Collection of Poetic Pieces 

No comments:

Post a Comment