MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

NUTS



Nuts –
I said nuts,
Salty, crunchy.
Home, to me, is
Where the nut jar lives.
Cocktails at 4 with my wife,
We talk about our day over
Drinks and dry roasted nuts.
When I was a kid, my father kept
A bag of nuts from the 5 & 10 in his
Coat pocket. I recognized back then
The advantage of having one’s own nuts.
Dad knew how to live. When I was 24, I was
The last one to see him alive. He died quietly, alone.
I miss him. I miss the answers he never gave me to questions
I never thought to ask. After his funeral, my mother put out a large bowl
Of nuts for the guests. Salty,crunchy nuts I’m sure my father would have loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment