MY BOOK

Just published, Book III

SEA GLASS SOUL - Invisible Colors, Poems and Paintings

My poetry and Pat Morgan's art - available at Amazon.com,
The Sea Glass Poetry Trilogy is now complete.

Monday, June 6, 2011

WILL YOU SING TO ME


Will you sing to me
As I lay in my bed dying?
Ease my empty days?
Hold my frail hand?

Will you understand
If I’m scared and don’t
Ask how you are?
I may even turn away,
Ashamed that you are there
For me, not me for you.

Will you tell me lies:
You are fine,
Have everything you need,
The kids are all perfect,
They’re so busy now, but
Will visit soon.

Will you see
The wet corner of my eye?
Know how tired I feel?
Be aware I don’t mind leaving,
Except it hurts -
I won’t see you again.

Will you sing to me, my dear,
As I lay in my bed dying?
All I want to hear is
Your sweet voice.

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment